Friday, May 7, 2010

Training: Day 2

Last night was my second training session. This time was a little more difficult because my body has been pretty sore the last few days. It still felt awesome though! I can already tell a difference in myself from doing this new routine. On top of the running training, I did a strength training workout video for another 30 minutes. I also bought a pedometer so I can track my steps and calories burned each day. My goal is to hit 10,000 steps per day. I got it in the mail yesterday, so I began using it as soon as I took it out of the box. Just from the time I got home until I went to bed, I walked over 4800 steps. Not bad. Since I sit at a desk all day, I need to make sure I'm getting enough movement in. Today I feel amazing! Not a sore muscle in my body, yet. I did use the hand held massager on my back, hips and legs, which seems to have helped.

I can't wait for the weather to get a little nicer. I would like to get up early and go walk for an hour at the pond behind our nice. It would be really nice to get out first thing in the morning and enjoy the fresh air before the day gets started. I am NOT a morning person, so this should be a challenge! Lets see if I have enough motivation to do it.

Fridays and Saturdays are always my challenge. It's easy to binge and eat whatever you want to on the weekends, whereas during the week, I'm pretty strict on myself. I'm nervous about next weeks training, I hope I'm ready for it. Also, I need to find a remedy for my sore muscles. It feels good, but it did affect my workout last night. I need to be at the top of my game to get through next week. I'm feeling really good about this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment